Why Get Your System Checked by an Expert at Sanford?
System Checks Increase Comfort & Save Homeowners Money
Would you drive your car without ever changing the oil? Probably not.
Just like your car, home heating and cooling systems require annual preventative maintenance to deliver the comfort and safety you deserve.
For example, did you know yearly maintenance on your home heating or cooling system can reduce your energy bills by up to 30%?
Or that 9 out of 10 HVAC systems fail due to a build-up of dirt and dust, or lack of maintenance?
Benefits of Annual Preventative Maintenance
- Increased Comfort – A clean system is a system that can deliver the comfort you deserve year after year.
- Lower Energy Bills – System Checks by professional HVAC companies ensure that your system is functioning as efficiently as possible.
- Reliability – Avoid costly breakdowns when you need your system most: on the coldest and hottest times of the year when it’s working the hardest.
- Safety – A well-maintained system is far less likely to leak harmful gasses such as Carbon Monoxide (CO) into your home.
- Warranty Protection – HVAC manufacturers recommend annual inspections and maintenance be performed by qualified technicians. Warranties can be voided if a lack of proper maintenance results in a problem with the system.
Clean, well-adjusted systems restore maximum capacity, resulting in more comfortable rooms that cost less to heat and cool..
The build-up of bacteria, fungi, pollen, dirt, and dust can also aggravate allergies, asthma, and emphysema if they contaminate your indoor breathing air.
In fact, indoor air is typically 3-5X dirtier than outdoor air according to the Environmental Protection Agency, which has labeled it a Top 5 Risk to Public Health. Yikes!
Lower Energy Bills
Even something as simple as a clogged air filter can reduce the efficiency of your system by 5-15%. It also puts unnecessary strain on your system by forcing it to work harder. Did you know that as little as .042 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can reduce system efficiency by over 20%?
Getting your heating or cooling system checked means your system is going to use less energy because it will run more efficiently. That’s good for your bank account and the environment.
This on-demand gas boiler, which we recently replaced, had been compromised by a lack of maintenance, resulting in significantly shorter equipment lifespan. Annual system checks could have fixed this issue before it resulted in sudden (and costly) failure. Basically, the system was being forced to work much harder than it needed to, which led to premature failure.
Safety is a significant concern, and an excellent reason to schedule annual preventative maintenance.
Just take a look at the compromised heat exchangers on this furnace. Leaks were allowing dangerous gasses such as Carbon Monoxide (CO) to leak into the home. System Checks can avoid this scenario by telling you what you need before you reach the crisis point.
HVAC manufacturers recommend annual inspections and maintenance be performed by qualified technicians, and warranties can be voided if a lack of proper maintenance results in a problem with the system.
So, has it been a while since you’ve had your heating or cooling system checked by a professional HVAC technician?
If so, let us know.
We’ll be happy to help you out and answer any questions you may have.